Wednesday, January 28, 2009

pack your bags

The hospital is 8.8 miles from our house, door-to-door.  And now that the highway is open it takes about 15 minutes to get there, maybe less in times of chaos.  Over the last few days Dave and I have both had the same feeling that this baby is going to be here before said due date (March 13).   At this point I am almost 34 weeks, so really only six more weeks to go.  That said, my Mom mentioned today that first baby’s tend to come early in our family.  Really?  Or is that Donoghue drama?  As my husband would say, my Mom adds at least 300ft, and Sarah ups it to about 3000ft.  I just say, if it makes the story better, who really cares?  But I need to research to make sure that this is truth not fiction. 

At the OB this AM, we both realized that we could have this baby any day now.  And I am not panicking.  

Anyways after lots of nagging from Mom and Karin, it is time to pack my bag and make sure the car has gas at all times.  I haven't really started to pack, but the list is forming in my head, so I thought I would share.  So here is the list thus far, I am pretty sure it can all make it into one bag… Please send additions!

 

PACKING LIST FOR HOSPITAL BAG:

1. one bottle, vueve clicquot

2. gownie (see previous post)

3. birth plan. Want to make sure we are all on the same sheet o’ music.

4. iPod, with speakers, right?  Need to make that playlist.

5. flip flops .  hospitals weird me out.  And I don’t think I have ever spent the night in one, so I would rather not touch the floor.

6. Essential oil

7. Birthing ball

8. pillow, or at least a pillow case from home that is of a nice thread count

9. fun new sun dresses/nursing gowns, so maybe I will feel somewhat cute

10. pretty robe, so the in-laws and I don’t feel uncomfortable

11. camera, where is that camera?

12. phone charger, lots of phone calls to be made

13. extremely yummy fuzzy baby bunting outfit.  Just in case it is cold outside.

14. gender neutral baby gown

15. boy baby gown

16. very pink girl baby gown

17. blanket to wrap the baby, to later use to acclimate the boys

18. snacks and drinks to have during labor. Do they have veg food at the hospital?  Will have to suss this out on our tour.

19. Unmentionables, that the doula baby group keeps mentioning that makes me uncomfortable

20. An outfit for me to come home, so we are all comfortable

Please note, I would like to not be at this joint for longer than 24hours.  Send additions my way! 

Off to find a really big bag,
Sarah

 

No comments: