Monday, March 2, 2009

sew fro


my mom is a multi-talented woman.  most of her talents that she has shared are about gardening, life, counseling, listening, organizing, throwing things away (like at last count at least three tv remotes to the same tv).  

until last weekend i thought most of her talents were focused on the non-domestic type.  i.e. she prides herself on making most foods from a box.  therefore most of my 'martha' skills are self taught or by mrs. frevel (my kind of grandmother growing up).  however, i and the ladies aide society (my mom's hysterical friend group) were amazed to learn she knew how to sew.  not only does she know how to sew but we bought a sewing machine, fabric and made a crib skirt.  amazing.  my lovely husband was shocked to hear that both of us were sewing and could actually produce something.  so much so that he posted this very unflattering photo of me on FB.  it was like an episode of little house on the prairie.













as you can see i was VERY focused.  my sewing skills have NOT improved, but i am really enjoying it.  here is an ok pic of the bed skirt: 









i have moved on to making a pin cushion, an Olivia lovey for cousin James and now I am on to a hooter hider aka nursing cover.  Sewing really makes me work another part of my brain that hasn't really been activated, I am really enjoying it. 

thanks to Mom and her sleeping sewing talents.

XO

No comments: