Friday, February 13, 2009

lucky 13















As I've mentioned in past posts, Friday the 13
th is a lucky day for us.  we met on a friday the 13 in june.  and our baby is due on friday the 13th.  Officially, one month away from our due date, things are coming together.    Last week I didn't feel the same way but it's amazing what a few days will do... 

we are 36 weeks.  the baby weighs approximately six pounds, the size of a crenshaw melon.  we are clearly running low on fruit and veg options.  back to the six pounds - that's huge.  that is a lot of weight to be toting.  the back ache, no sleep or motivation are constituted.  we are at the point now when we see Dr. K every week.  Wednesday is our doctor day and i actually get really excited going and feel so much better after our visits.  this week everything is measuring as it should and the baby's head is down.  apparently there has been a rash of breech babies so Dr. K did an u/s to make sure that yes, in fact, the head is down.  and it is one really big noggin.  according to Dave, my family has rather large melons.  i had no idea.  truly, i never thought my head was big.  but now it makes sense why his hats are always to small for me.  thank you to everyone for never mentioning the size of my head.

this week has been good!  

a. i was able to lay on my belly for the first time in six months!  i had a prenatal massage with a woman that has a pregnancy table - meaning there is a hole for your belly.  even if she hadn't rubbed at all, i would have still been happy just laying on my belly.  

b. my diaper bag is ordered and arrived today!  i may start carrying it sooner rather than later.

c. i taught my last group yoga class for awhile.  i am very happy i made it to week 36, but very sad that i won't see my students every week. but really looking forward to getting back into my own practice!

d. the first couple in our birth class, Kelly and Nick, had their baby on Monday.  william finnegan, a very healthy cute boy!  one down, two to go.

e. we are having a date night to celebrate our anniversary (yes, after five years we still mention every month and sometimes celebrate), valentine's and one month until our baby is here

f. our yoga friends and students are giving Mandi and I a shower... it's going to be so fun!

Hope you all had a wonderful week, happy friday the 13th!

XO

No comments: