Wednesday, December 10, 2008

thankfully Dave plays a doctor in real life.

what a week.  or shall i say what a day!  yesterday was an interesting one... it started off well.  went for a walk with Raymee, on which we ate Apple Fitter donuts (she's the best).  during the walk I was feeling this strange separating in my pelvic floor, closely aligned to what i think happens when the tectonic plates shift under saint louis.  constant slow creeping movement, so it isn't a dramatic shift, but if you are paying attention it is very dramatic.  after several calls to other pregalinas and a few checks on babycenter.com, I realize this is listed under the 'you are pregnant' bag of symptoms and solutions.  so i move on.

i learn later the same morning that my iron count is great (slightly worried about this one) and i am not diabetic (please read: i ain't got the diabetessss).   all goodness.  i received a lovely box of goodies from my SIL and was generally feeling OK.  had a great dinner with our good friends Mike and Mandy from residency... came home to knit a bit and sit by the fire.  dave started to pick up in the kitchen, and I felt guilty for not helping.  so i go in to lend a hand.  
i was putting away dishes on the very top shelf, specifically a very heavy ceramic pie plate given to us by our loving Aunt Mart and Uncle Jim.  it makes a mean apple pie and is really beautiful.  in a split second the big heavy pie plate and three others consecutively came crashing down on my left eyebrow.   in shock from the impact, i just stood there and put my hand on my head and then slammed the cupboard shut so nothing else would fall on top of me, only to realize there was a large blood handprint on the white cupboards.  gag.  blood was gushing out of my head which freaked me out, and please note when i truly freak out (not just when I am being dramatic) I get really really quiet.  so Dave didn't notice anything for a bit until i turned around and saw red.  he is used to his, me not so much.  he moves graceful to get all the supplies plants a big kiss on my forehead, stops the bleeding and takes a look.  so it was decided it wasn't bad enough for stitches or hospital, but dave had is handy-dandy wacky surgery stuff and he would  perform surgery (on our couch).  now for all of our medical friends, i get this is not real surgery like the kind you do everyday... but in this girls mind it, this is as surgical as it gets.  so with dave set up to go and Tuk as the nurse he clued my head together.  so i now have really really pretty purple glue sealing together a what I've been told 'won't scar' cut on my left eyebrow.  this just adds to my overall pretty factor which includes an ever increasing baby bump, cold sore and now a purple eyebrow.

lesson learned: don't clean the kitchen.

xo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think your glue is charming.